Day 1

My first day at RIT was certainly an interesting one. Arriving early in the morning i waited for my fellow interns to arrive at the meeting room. I was unfamiliar with most of the interns and went about befriending them. When the first intern arrived i quickly realised we knew each other from my days in Tioga High. After briefly catching up many other interns swiftly arrived and i introduced myself to them and asked their names and other small chat information. I don't believe i will remember their names very well, I've never been too good at that. After the introductory meeting with Mr. Pow we travelled to the Red Barn, and participated in a variety of team building exercises. Through these trials i got to better understand and cooperate with my newfound colleagues, as well as assess their skills. After travelling back to Building: 76, we were treated with a free pizza lunch, and i took the opportunity to better acquaint myself with my colleagues. Next i was sent to do my in-processing and reintroduced to my "employer" i'm not sure if that's correct terminology for interns. Mr. Kamran Binaee then began to explain his studies, and how we, being me and my partner Aditi Seshandri, could help to achieve results. The rest of the afternoon we focused on acquainting ourselves with Python coding and a 3D VR animation engine, the name of which escapes me at the moment. I promptly left at 4:30pm.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 28

Day 25

Day 26